Frequently Asked Questions
Can I identify who participated and who got the answers correct?
Yes, there is a reporting function within mClk. Click the 'sign-in' link in the upper right hand corner and enter your username and password. Click 'My Reports' and select the presentation and date for the report you want to run.
What if I don't see any responses to my question?
Check the following:
- Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
- Make sure all of your participants have either "subscribed" or "started" as an mClk subscriber
- Make sure all of your participants have joined your session.
Is there support for Keynote on Mac OS X?
Not yet, but Mac users can create questions and present questions using the web interface. Click here for directions.
Why does each presentation have to have a Session number?
The numbers are assigned to each presentation so that the responses get routed to the correct presentation.
How does it work?
When students send text messages to the mClk short code 29671 their cell phone carrier routes the text message to our web server. Once received, the response is displayed in real time on the screen.
What if all of my students don't have cell phones or texting plans?
Ask students to work on questions in small groups during class, with one person assigned per group to use the device to answer for the group. Advantages:
- Groups would include at least one participant who is willing to text from their phone or respond in another way.
- Small groups should be able to address more advanced questions.
- Small group work combined with polling will work with any size class, particularly large classes.
- Peer instruction in small groups provides the opportunity for increased student learning.
What if I don't want my audience to see the responses?
After you create all of your mClk questions in PowerPoint 2007 using the mClk plug-in, simply move all of your Response slides to the very end of your presentation. Do not delete them.